Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ombre Nails- Ooh la la

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post about a new trend in nails that I think is pretty unique without being too daring-- It's a fresh take on the standard manicure and I think this could be really gorgeous for spring and summer. 

Ombre:
A French term meaning “shaded,” it refers to fabric (frequently ribbon) with color that graduates from light to dark.

Ombre nails employ several techniques, and I've posted a few photos to display the different ways in which to wear this look-- If I have a chance, I'll update this post with my own ombre rendition!

All you need to achieve this look: 5 polishes within the same color family.  Paint your nails with color gradation in mind and voila: Ombre nails!



Truthfully, I'm not sure how I would pull this one off, but the photo up top is definitely more achievable!



Tres chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment