Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Best Mascaras... Ever.

Hi All!

I had to laugh today thinking about my blog and my daily "beauty regimen" and if some of my co-workers new about this blog, they would think I was a complete phony...

While not true, I've been seriously slacking on my "look" for work.  Since grade school I would wake up early, shower, blow dry my hair, do my makeup, put on the outfit I would have picked out the night before...

This all stopped about 6 months ago when I realized that I really had no energy left, no real need or want to keep up this routine, and a general disenchantment with the whole process (on weekdays at 4:45am, mind you!)


I need to clarify that on weekends I always step it up, and I actually have the time to put the effort in to play with all of my fun products!  However, I had a chuckle this morning thinking about how many colleagues of mine would laugh if they new this page even existed... I come to work with no makeup, wet hair, a scarf wrapped around my neck and an outfit I pick out in the dark.

That said, let's move on, shall we?

Honoring the request of my good friend Laura, (Hi Zelly!) I am posting some information on what I consider to be 3 of the best budget-friendly mascaras on the market (I'm throwing a splurge in here, too...)


Mascara, like foundation, is highly variable in formula, design, features, color, etc... Most women have favorites that they rave over, while others might simple meh at the same product.  It's very much a personal choice and there are SO many out there to choose from... Let's start from the top!

3. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, $9

I love this Mascara, I really do.  L'Oreal's Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara is uniquely formulated to resist clumping, soften lashes and build lashes to 4X their natural thickness. Dramatic volume with all day!  Unique maximizing formula quickly thickens and builds lashes in a single application for a full and dramatic lash look. Patented volume maximizing brush thickens lashes evenly and smoothly, leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps.

2. Cover Girl Lash Blast, $8

Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes! LashBlast's patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big-lash look.  I love this one too!  The applicator is pretty enormous but you get great separation, great pigmentation, zero clumping, and you can really build it up to get thick, dark lashes.  The formula is a little more "wet" than I prefer, but I can deal...so can you!


1. Ulta Amped Lashes, $10

Volumizing mascara creates longer, thicker lashes instantly. Amped Lashes Mascara by ULTA features a unique applicator brush that controls clumping while increasing lash definition.  Next to the mascara you're about to read about, this is my favorite.  It reminds me a bit of Lash Blast in that the bristles are similar, but for me, this isn't as bulky and the wand is just much easier to handle.  It's not nearly as wet as Lash Blast and this stuff just works, trust me!




Holy Grail Mascara: *drum roll*




SMASHBOX HYPERLASH! $21 (Yes, I know this is excessive, but you can find it on ebay for a few bucks cheaper and TRUST me, it's SO worth it!)


OMGOMGOMG... LOVE! 

I have been using this mascara since December (Thanks, Christmas!) and I am in love.  Yes, I use other mascaras, but I truly tend to reach for this one every single time.  Rev up your lashes with this high intensity all-in-one mascara that lifts, lengthens, volumizes and defines. The unique dual applicator has a brush on one side and a comb on the other for beautifully full, amazingly long, clump-free lashes in seconds. Naturally derived peptides and antioxidants help protect and repair, while rich pigments bind to lashes for an ultra-dramatic look.  TRUST ME ON THIS ONE, PEOPLE!

Well there you have it, folks-- I hope this was worth your time and I can (almost) guarantee that you will LOVE these mascaras.  Of course, every woman is different, but I know these tend to be universal favorites and you just can't lose if you try these out-- so affordable (save the last one) and so fun!



















No comments:

Post a Comment