Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects- Real Nail Polish Strips

In love!

I apologize that this product isn't breaking news, but it's definitely worth a post...

I've been eyeing Sally Hansen's Polish Strips for months now but I haven't taken the plunge to actually purchase these because 1. They're 10 dollars and I can get a bottle of polish for less and 2. I actually like the process of painting my nails the good ol' fashion way.

After my good friend Kristyn sent me a photo of her wearing these strips, I knew I had to experiment.  I found these at Target for about $8.50 which is $1.50 less than at other drugstores.  From what Kristyn told me, Walmart has these for $8.50 as well.  I decided on "Misbehaved" which looks to me like a pair of fishnet stockings, ooh la la!

While I don't love the $8.50 price tag (again, I can get a bottle of OPI or Essie for that price) these are phenomenal.  I'm serious.  I don't care for gimmicky beauty products but these things are the real deal.  They are so so so easy to use, and quite frankly, I have no idea how the manicure industry isn't dead.  I don't think I will ever pay for a manicure ever again, truly.  They are designed to last up to 10 days so I'll have to report back on how that goes.  After I applied these (which took me about 20 minutes) I put a top coat on just to seal any edges and to hopefully ensure a long lasting manicure.

I am seriously urging those of you who have not tried these to drive your butts to Target NOW and give these a shot! It's so fun and so easy.  There is no drying time and you take these off with polish remover.  I don't see myself wearing these all the time because I do like changing my polish every couple of days but I definitely see myself using these for special occasions or anytime I want a mess-free manicure.  For $8.50 you get a manicure that takes just minutes to apply, no mess, no polish on your skin, long wear-ability and in designs you can't achieve with polish.

Each box comes with a set of instructions so I won't dive into those, but all I can say is that these are a must have.  Truly, you're foolish if you're still paying 25 bucks for a manicure with all of these amazing products on the market now.  I want to try Flower Girl next:

 Fun tip: I have kept the remaining nail strips (16 come in each box to ensure a proper fit to each nail) and I am going to put one of these one both of my ring fingers with my other nails painted in a neutral- cute!


I am absolutely in love with these and I hope you fall in love too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment