Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer

Hi Everyone,

I've been on a MAJOR nail polish kick and I feel like I've been ignoring every single other product I've picked up over the past few weeks... Hence, this post!

I was lucky enough to find Aveeno's tinted moisturizer in my Easter basket-- I've been using a lot of tinted moisturizer lately, particularly at work to try and save time in the mornings and so I feel like I'm slightly credible in this department.  I have been carrying Elf's tinted moisturizer and Cover Girl's Aqua Smoothers as well and I really really really wanted to get my hands on Aveeno (I may have dropped a hint or two)...

"The only tinted moisturizer with clinically proven Total Soy Complex to brighten and even skin tone while providing SPF 30 sun protection. Natural, light-reflecting minerals and lightweight coverage blend away skin imperfections and immediately bring out skin's natural radiance. Choose from two luminous shades to blend seamlessly with your skin: Fair to Light and Medium. These elegant formulas provide extraordinary natural radiance and coverage at a much smarter price than the leading department store brand. This moisturizer is also oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic."   

I really love the packaging with Aveeno particularly because the bottle comes with a pump that you can lock, making it really easy to toss in my makeup bag.  You get 2.5 fluid oz and it runs around $12-15 which is not terrible.  I requested the color "fair/light" since I'm fairly pale right now and it looks extremely light when you first pump it out, almost too light.  Once you start to rub it into the skin it blends perfectly.

There are two things that allow this tinted moisturizer to stand out above all others that I've tried:

1. Since this is part of the Positively Radiant line, the moisturizer has a very slight sheen to it, making the skin look dewy, not greasy--  it allows your skin to show through while providing good coverage with the most beautiful dewy gleam--  I believe that it really does help to even out my skin tone and I love that about this product.

2. This product remained flawless the entire day.  It's hard to say that about any product in general, but I was shocked at the staying power of Aveeno.  I do apply a dusting of powder over the product just to lock it in a bit, but otherwise I feel like I look in the afternoon the way I look in the morning which is pretty fantastic.

Click here to watch Emilynoel83's review on YouTube

Two thumbs up for this product-- for those of you who have fairly clear skin and are looking for something to even out your skin tone, this is perfection and I am certain I am going to be wearing this every single day in the hot summer weather!

UPDATE! Today, (5/2/11) I was complimented on my "beautiful complexion" in an elevator wearing my Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer! How's that for proof??

No comments:

Post a Comment