Thursday, May 12, 2011

NewBeauty Test Tube

Hi All!

Popularity is rising among beauty subscription services ie: Birchbox-- I recently came across NewBeauty's Test Tube: 

The NewBeauty TestTube is a collection of some of the hottest and most in-demand products in beauty. In this tube, you'll receive the current issue of NewBeauty magazine, along with a mix of full-sized, travel-sized, and deluxe-sized samples from Bliss, Mally, Nick Chavez, Elemis, Dr. Denese, Kiehl's, Laura Geller, philosophy, and GO SMiLE. Who is it for: Anyone looking to sample a wide variety of fabulous beauty products at an unbelievable value. Why is it different: The NewBeauty TestTube combines luxurious beauty products with extensive product and how-to information. NewBeauty magazine, included in the test tube, provides insider information on trends and hot topics within the beauty world via respected experts from the beauty industry. How do I use it: This TestTube includes a booklet with instructions on how to use each product.

This beauty subscription was created by QVC and they have quite a few professional relationships with beauty companies so you can bet that the products you'd receive would be top notch--

I am hesitant to subscribe, however. TestTube is delivered to your door 4 times a year at $29.95 (plus shipping) per box.  30 bucks plus shipping, and only 4 times a year!?  P.S...Shipping is almost $9...

I know what you're thinking... "Alex, you pay 10 dollars a month for Birchbox, you're spending a comparable amount..."  I know, I know... and I almost hate to say this, but its just feels better to spend smaller increments of money and to get something every month-- that's what I love about Birchbox.

Test Tube has a good thing going for them, and I think it's a really great deal-- but I love getting my products every month, not every 3 months! 

I truly don't have the capital to be able to test (ha) this tube out, but if you're interested and have a spare $40, I say go for it. The products are bound to be fantastic and it really is fun every time you get a little surprise in the mail-- Poor (literally) little grad school-bound me will have to put this off for a while...I suppose I do have a birthday coming up...

If you decide to subscribe let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment