Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Obsession!

Hi There!

Okay so after Christmas I decided to put a ban on purchasing eyeshadow since I had received SO MANY Smashbox shadows for the holidays.  I literally must have almost 60 Smashbox eye shadows... a little much?

The point is: I knew I could never get close to using up all of those shadows so I wanted to be economical and hold back (hard as it may be) from buying eye shadow.

My love for shadow is relatively new-- Only in the last year did I really discover all the different looks that can be achieved with these cool little colors.

Anyway, I love a bargain, and I started to see all of these new Wet n Wild products popping up everywhere...  I've steered clear of Wet n Wild since 6th grade (chunky glitter lip gloss was the thang, girl!) and haven't looked back... Until now...

         
BEHOLD:

The Wet n Wild Color Icon Trio!

This trio packs three (obvious.) shadows into one perfect palette.  They come in so many beautiful shades and are only $2.99!!!!!! I was fortunate to find them this weekend at my local Big Lots for $2.80 (19 cents worth saving!)

I am obsessed with these for 3 reasons:

1. They're so gosh darn cheap! You get three shadows for less than three dollars!

2.  Each color in the trio has in imprint telling you exactly where to place the shadow (please god remember to blend...) Although you could certainly play with these to create all kinds of effects

3.  These shadows are SO pigmented... I love my Smashbox shadows, but seriously, if you want to skip the insane price tag and get a product with the same incredible color, wear-ability, blend-ability, and staying power-- go with this-- seriously, this stuff is amazing!

I currently have 3 palettes:






This one is called Silent Treatment-- I love love love the shade on the bottom here: it's like a silvery lavender.






This one is called Walking on Eggshells-- this is the perfect neutral palette!






This one is called Knock on Wood-- I LOVE this as an alternative to a smoky eye for nighttime...





If anyone wants a tutorial on how to use these just let me know, I would be happy to do one.


Cheers to Wet n Wild for creating such a great product at an even better price!

No comments:

Post a Comment