Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer Lips! Muah!

Hi Everyone!

I'm SO happy with the positive feedback I got on my Birchbox post!  It's such a cool little idea and I hope you all love your new Birchbox subscriptions!

With summer approaching, I'm always curious to find what's new in lip color and while a bold matte lip is super hot, sometimes I like something a little lighter for casual days.

I've always enjoyed Revlon's Super Lustrous lip gloss so I decided to pick up a few of the new Color Burst lip glosses when they were on sale at Walgreen's for $4.99.  Revlon's Color Burst is pretty fantastic, I must say.  It's great because they're in gloss form, but they have so much pigmentation that they offer as much color pay off as a sheer lipstick.  They're light, non-sticky, and provide multi-dimensional color.  The staying power is average, and it's actually fun to re-apply!  The packaging is beautiful, true to form for Revlon, so it looks MUCH more expensive than it actually was...my little secret.

The applicator is a doe-foot applicator and almost pivots around the base of the wand for a perfect pout!

From left to right: Orchid, Peony, Crystal Lilac





I would highly suggest these-- Perfect for spring and summer, glossy, colorful-- a perfect addition to any makeup bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment