Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's springtime! Coral and orange lips galore!

Hi everyone!  We've made it to March 21, springtime!  I've been doing a lot of digging into what's "hot" this season in makeup and nails and without a doubt, coral and orange lips are huge!  I wanted to make sure I could try this look on myself before I went and spent a fortune on all kinds of colors I didn't need so I spent some time at Ulta trying to find the perfect color.  I wanted something affordable, bold and bright.  After some searching, I decided on Revlon's Hot Coral Moon Drop lipcolor.  The Moon Drop lipsticks have been around for some time, but nothing could beat the hue on this one.  It's a bright orange-red and it's gorgeous.  I've never been one to shy away from bold colors on my lips so I knew I could rock this. 

The most important thing to remember when wearing a color like this for spring: It MUST be matte. Say it with me! "It. MUST. be. matte."  Going too glossy with a color like this will be way over the top.  You want it to look effortless and chic.  If the lipstick you choose has too much of a glossy sheen to it, just blot with a tissue, top it off with some translucent powder, and then dab your lips with a bit of water.  Instant all day matte lip!

I'm really excited about this new trend and I think it's a new fun way to experiment with color.  For a more subtle coral lip or to ease yourself into an orange lip, try Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in Smoked Peach.  It's definitely more subdued, but it packs a punch that's oh-so-summery!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment