Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Help! Adult acne...anyone? Anyone?!

I've been (unfortunately) experiencing a bit of acne lately and It's driving me completely nuts.  I got through all of my teenage years without acne of any kind, why now?! Why me!?

I started noticing in January that my face took a turn for the worse...breakouts, redness, super sensitivity.  I have extremely dry skin which an issue all on its own, but it turns out that adult acne is most likely to occur in women with very dry skin... figures...

It's obvious at this point that my current skin care regimen isn't working. (Exfoliating scrub, toner, Pond's Dry Skin Cream) so I went to Walgreen's tonight with my girlfriends to pick up a few new products...

 ::Drumroll::




I'm hoping these items will keep my skin issue at bay until I can see my dermatologist... has anyone had any luck with these products? I'm desperate!


2 comments:

  1. I've had a few recent little breakout issues too, which is also a new things for me, my skin has always been basically clear. I'll have a zit pop up here and there on occasion but it's gone before I can worry about it. But lately, as soon as one is gone another pops up. I also picked up the persa-gel 10 at Walgreen's recently and have been trying that out. So far it's made them way smaller and has taken the redness out of them pretty quickly, but it takes several days still for them to go away completely. I wash with a ProActiv cleanser my cousin gave me (she uses it regularly, guess she got a bottle free and gave me the extra to try) and that's worked well for th emost part, but now these pesky things keep showing up. Not happy about it. But at least the gel seems to be helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so frustrating! I do love the persa-gel so far... I had to return the acne wash that I bought however-- my skin was SO dried out and started to peel off! I switched to Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser which is much more gentle and my skin seems to be doing a bit better. I also picked up the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Moisturizer which reminds me of Clinique's Moisture Surge-- highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete